Indonesian Thick Pancake (Martabak Manis) is a really popular and a common street food everywhere in Indonesia. It is a kind of a thick pancake with various topping like chocolate sprinkle, cheese, crushed roasted peanuts, condensed milk.
- 125 gr all-purpose flour
- 50 gr butter (melted)
- 175 ml milk
- 20 gr sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- condensed milk
- chocolate sprinkle
- grated cheddar cheese
- crushed roasted peanuts
- Swift all purpose flour and baking powder together in a big bowl. Add milk, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix well until there are no bubbles or lumps (using whisk). Then cover it with cloth or cling wrap. Let it sit for around 1 hour.
- Preheat non stick pan with low fire. Add the baking soda (mix it with 1 tbsp water) to the batter. Mix well.
- Make sure that you pan is HOT ENOUGH. Try drop some water into the pan. If it evaporates immediately, then it is ready.
- Pour the batter to the pan. The fire has to stay low. Spread the batter to the edge of the pan to make the crust. Than leave it until the bubble came out into the surface.
- Sprinkle some sugar evenly. Put the lid on and wait until the edges turn brown and the batter is done. It will be crispy and golden brown on the out side, but moist in the inside.
- While it is still hot, cut it into half and spread some butter and other fillings and the last condensed milk.
- Flip the one to the other. Spread some more butter in the surface then cut it to small pieces to serve.
Gecategoriseerd in: Recepten